In air conditioner is a crucial luxury in the hot climate of South Africa. In addition to an air conditioner’s cooling abilities, they also warm us up in winter. Many people don’t realize that an aircon works hard in summer to keep us cool and hard in winter to keep us warm and as a result they need to be maintained from time to time.
We recommend that an aircon service is done by an experienced aircon technician as least once a year. If you make use of your aircon during winter months, we prefer that a service is done twice a year. More dirty or dusty environment’s require more regular servicing.
Proper air conditioner maintenance ensures optimum performance and it will reduce the risk of breakdowns and costly fixes. Air conditioners can use a large amount of electricity and the correct maintenance can make a huge difference when it comes to your electricity use. Your aircon unit can lose up to 7% of its overall efficiency every year it continues to run without the correct maintenance.
Aircon Maintenance Checks
An aircon service can become very complex. Our trained and experienced technicians check the following service points when maintaining an air conditioning unit.
- Refrigerant – It’s vital that the coolant level of an air conditioning system is tested frequently.
- Electrical Signals – We ensure that voltage and amperage to all electrical motors is correct.
- Air Flow – The air flow across the indoor cooling coil is tested.
- Lubrication – All the moving parts are lubricated with non dust collecting lubricants.
- Thermostat – Checked, cleaned and adjust if necessary.
- Air Filters – Check and cleaned.
- Refrigerant Pressure – Check for the correct operating pressures on refrigerants.
- Drain Lines – Drain and inspect condensate drain.
- Capacitors – Ensure good working condition.
- Compressor – Test that the compressor is fully operational.
Don’t delay your air conditioning maintenance and avoid costly repairs. Book your service today!