An air conditioner is a crucial luxury in the warm climate of South Africa. In addition to an air conditioner’s cooling abilities, they also warm us up in winter. Many people don’t realize that aircon works hard in summer to keep us cool and hard in winter to keep us warm, and as a result, they need to be maintained from time to time.
We recommend that an aircon service is done by an experienced aircon technician at least once a year. If you make use of your aircon during the winter months, we prefer that an air conditioner service is done twice a year. More dirty or dusty environments require more regular servicing.
Proper air conditioner maintenance ensures optimum performance and will reduce the risk of breakdowns and costly fixes. Air conditioners can use a large amount of electricity and the correct maintenance can make a huge difference in your electricity use. Your aircon unit can lose up to 10% of its overall efficiency every year it continues to run without the correct maintenance.
An aircon service can become very complex. Our trained and experienced technicians check the following service points when maintaining an air conditioning unit.
- Refrigerant – It’s vital that the coolant level of an air conditioning system is tested frequently.
- Electrical Signals – We ensure that voltage and amperage to all electrical motors are correct.
- Air Flow – The airflow across the indoor cooling coil is tested.
- Lubrication – All the moving parts are lubricated with non-dust collecting lubricants.
- Thermostat – Checked, cleaned and adjust if necessary.
- Air Filters – Check and clean.
- Refrigerant Pressure – Check for the correct operating pressures on refrigerants.
- Drain Lines – Drain and inspect the condensate drain.
- Capacitors – Ensure good working conditions.
- Compressor – Test that the compressor is fully operational.
Don’t delay your air conditioning maintenance, and avoid costly repairs. Book your service today!